Urban Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The difference betwen parkour and free running

4 posters

Go down

The difference betwen parkour and free running Empty The difference betwen parkour and free running

Post  traceur1 Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:55 pm

What is parkour?Parkour is get somwhere from point A to point B in the quickest way is possible.What is Free running?Free running is way to exspress you're self including necceseray flips.I wanna say that in Free running u can get more pain(im not offencin free running)that doesnt mean,people get hirt beacuse their body is not ready to do that `what they want.Extremly be careful doin fron flips i almost break mu neck.I think(my thinking)the parkour is more useful beacuse when is somone chasin u or u are in some problem like fire emergency or earth quake then u will use parkour for saving someone or savin you're self in the middle of fire emergency u will dont do parkour u will do wallrun,speed vaul,tic tac,turn vault etc.Thats from me hope u like.My mater isint to offence free runners juste give some point i what we can be useful from parkour and free running.Hope u like it.
Sorry of my bad english

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile

traceur1

Back to top Go down

The difference betwen parkour and free running Empty Re: The difference betwen parkour and free running

Post  traceur1 Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 pm

when u come to.'' you dont do parkour is ment to be u will dont do free running u will do wallrun,speed vault,tic tac etc.

Sorry of my bad english

traceur1

Back to top Go down

The difference betwen parkour and free running Empty Re: The difference betwen parkour and free running

Post  Lonefield Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Parkour is getting somewhere efficient and fast while Free Running is more of an art and a way to express your self through your body... "With the body as paint and the city as canvas, what will you create?" - Adam Kuebler.

Parkour does not involve flips and free running does. thats one of the major differences.

About free running being more dangerous than parkour, you may be right... If you have watched the newest video from 3Run, you will remember seeing Cane Armitage doing a massive frontflip, overrotating and breaking his arm. (printed a very strong image in my mind)
But parkour can be just as dangerous, I think... Its more the way that you train than what you train that sets how dangerous something is.
If you train parkour and do a huge drop there's a risk that you will get some kind of knee injury or land wrong and get some other injury. If you train free running and walk yourself carefully through a move before performing it and check that everything's all right before doing it, then there is a very small risk of getting hurt. So like I said: its not what you train but the way you train

Im a Free Runner and I don't have a history of many injuries because I like to train safe and only does a move when im assured that I will have success.

Idea In conclusion: parkour is better in a chase situation, of cause, And parkour and free running is in my oppinion equally dangerous/safe Idea
Lonefield
Lonefield
Admin

https://urbanlegends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:27 pm

Yea i agree with u i saw Cane Armitage injurie it come's that in my head somthing is sayin stop doin parkour u will get hurt and in my head somthing is sayin if parkour is dangerous what u should say about football u can die from it,what u can say about ragby evry thing is dangerous when u leave u're house is dangerous when u go to school is dangerous evry thing is risk.This are not my words this is david belle's word he give me insparation to contuinue maybe when im big man i will stop but if i have son i will past to him beacuse parkour is to be useful to do something to help somone.

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zay Granger Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:42 am

No Matter What Everybody in Free Running and Parkour Train Safe And Train Hard. mastakes will happen but that is what the Parkour and free running is. Knowing that Anything can change and happen in an Instant. no matter what the difference beteen them are they are somthing we LOVE to do! we do it to Show what we can do. Either One Do it to the Best of your ability. As David Belle once said "This is Parkour and This is what i Live for. Knowing that Reality can change at any givin time and when it does you have to be prepared."

Safe Training Everybody,
Zay
Zay Granger
Zay Granger
Admin

http://teamul.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:17 am

Thats right Zay but when u said be prepaird that inclueds training parkour outside when is raining or snowing but then we come to inuries u gota warm up you're mucles good to not get serious injuries.When u got in some problem and its raining you're body is not ready for that and u will earn injurie.I still didin do it,training on rain but sometime i will try. Very Happy

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  Zay Granger Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Yess you have to be safe and watch the weather but also you have to take a lil risk. me i have a lower back problem and a sprang rotating joint in my hip but i still go.I only have one place to practice inside and thats only open maby 1ce every other week and it really doesnt rain here but when it does ill go running in a hurry! i only train outside. i have no mats or nething so thats where being Safe and Prepared really come in handy! you gotta push your self to the max every time you do somthing. no matter what.But also Be Safe. no matter what the Obstacles may be. and Yess Allways strech and warm up your mucles.
Zay Granger
Zay Granger
Admin

http://teamul.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:02 pm

yea i agree with u problems can be any time.Maybe u will involev in problem when its raining or snowin.When u are training on rain or snow be sure to warm up good watch parkour generations,beacuse on the rails u can slip and injurie bad BTW.Traun hard train safe. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Lonefield why you are not sign in on msn Suspect

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:26 pm

i think msn is for noobs
szymon9595
szymon9595

http://husariapl.coolbb.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 pm

i dont think is for nobs Very Happy

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:40 pm

i don't like it but i can make it give me web
szymon9595
szymon9595

Back to top Go down

The difference betwen parkour and free running Empty Sorry

Post  Lonefield Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:08 pm

I havent logged onto msn because i've been to Copenhagen, training at the new Jiyo parkour park this weekend ;P
Lonefield
Lonefield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:34 pm

i wish i sometime go to copenhagen

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm

ya men i think i'm going ther for my vicasion

ooooooo is the pk park finish becaus i can see same buldings up there
szymon9595
szymon9595

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonefield Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Yeah, its finished and pretty awesome! Very Happy
Lonefield
Lonefield
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:15 pm

i saw the place on the video its great for workin on you're flow Twisted Evil

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:33 pm

i know it great
szymon9595
szymon9595

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down