Urban Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW to parkour.

4 posters

Go down

NEW to parkour. Empty NEW to parkour.

Post  Fab0 Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 pm

hey guys. im new to this forum and parkour aswell. im quite young(12 year old young.) i dunno if i can do parkour yet but i need advice from u guys.. cause im a newbie.. and im from malaysia.? and only a number of malaysians do parkour. well. i need like help in every angle. im really really new. i cant even do the rolls(normal rolls) properly because i have a fear of like getting on my head. so. advice needed.. THX alot.. Very Happy

Fab0

Back to top Go down

NEW to parkour. Empty Re: NEW to parkour.

Post  traceur1 Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

hi im 12 to.Well heres the thing all of my skill i learnd from urban current clan they have tutorials about vaults,rolls,cat leap wall run.They have web site to HawaiiPK.com on the site u have conditioning,tutorials like i said,demon drills etc.I wish welcome to you to parkour i hope u will get good soon.Ohh btw the tutorials are on youtube and i u can watch them from theyr website.Heres another web site u can get help from first u need to register to the website then u can watch the stuff.The site is www.AmericanParkour.com in that site u have tutorials for free running i think u now what free running is(little diferent from parkour)Hope it helps. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fab0 Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:30 pm

haha nice to meet someone 12 too Very Happy but. i cant train. not to say i dont want to. but i dont have proper shoes, etc. and also thrs no place in malaysia to train. like u guys at europe the neighbourhood is all like open but in malaysia everythin is closed up. only place tht's nice to do parkour is just at like stadiums. but yet we can do so little. Neutral

Fab0

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonefield Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 pm

Welcome to parkour and the forum Very Happy

Im the admin of this site and I like to come with good advice (lol xD).

Well, to start with some theoretical stuff: Everyone can do parkour and nearly everyone does it sometimes... ex. you're in a rush and you see a way that's faster, over a fence or something, so you take that instead. voila! Parkour ^^

If you don't have proper shoes, then train barefooted. normally mostly tricksters train like that but if you're just jumping over fences and doing the basic techniques, that shouldn't be a problem.
Like Traceur said, watch some tutorials on some of the moves (like monkey, speed, lazy, reverse etc.) and go out and train them. (you don't even have to... just do moves that you feel comfortable about doing, and are efficient and fast.)

Places to train... well, be creative! where did parkour start originally? In the nature! A lot of good traceurs use forests and trees to train on. Using a natural environment will force you to adapt (maybe more than we do) because of its constant changing... Branches moves, some rocks may be slippery one day but not the other, the underlayer is different depending on where in the nature you decide to train.

I hope I helped a bit ^^
Lonefield
Lonefield
Admin

https://urbanlegends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:42 pm

before u learn some vault u may get injuried so do some conditionings:push up'pull ups,squads etc.Write on yotube parkour conditioning theres u will get ideas most of my conditioning exsersias are from urban curent conditioning videos. Very Happy

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonefield Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:48 pm

hmm... let me be honest. I've never actually done any kind of consistent conditioning. all I've done is parkour and I'm just fine, thank you ;P
Lonefield
Lonefield
Admin

https://urbanlegends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:56 pm

ok you are the boss xD Very Happy

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm

I wanna say if hes body is not ready to do something he will get injuried.Btw this is when u get injuried and u wanna quit parkour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orjt7BhvfMw

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:23 pm

ya men i never did condisonig and only 3 thinks hapen to me my way of traing is parcure
szymon9595
szymon9595

http://husariapl.coolbb.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fab0 Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:18 am

haha ok thx.. but im really serious. we dont have those trees like those in europe/ america. its like everything here is so.. CLOSED Crying or Very sad .. we dont even have trees like big ones to climb. well atleast my place here dont have any. but lately most of the dudes i know tht do parkour in malaysia, they do it in stadiums and big parks which are like very far from ppl. and even so, any guard arnd tht even see us climbing UP the monkey bar scolds us and asks us to come down.

oh ok. thx bout the conditioning / currently i go to the gym every weekend.. i do like 30 assisted chin/dip on the machine. so i dunno/ push ups i need to work on it because my arms are not that strong. silent

Last edited by Fab0 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Fab0

Back to top Go down

Post  Fab0 Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:19 am

traceur1 wrote:I wanna say if hes body is not ready to do something he will get injuried.Btw this is when u get injuried and u wanna quit parkour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orjt7BhvfMw

haha. i alrdy watched it. very inspirational flower

Fab0

Back to top Go down

Post  traceur1 Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:44 am

great keep training if u started lol

traceur1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fab0 Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 am

traceur1 wrote:great keep training if u started lol

no whr to train lol. everything here is polluted and crappy spoiled

Fab0

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 am

it's like survaving
szymon9595
szymon9595

Back to top Go down

Post  Fab0 Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:47 am

but anyways i really need help for rolls and stuff. .hmm/ im going to the gym now to mainly train my arms/ and also to lose my small tummy. just abit MORE lol

Fab0

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 pm

if you do that it's good bat then your no more your sellf i recomend that you train with parcure so you don't take the power your not redy for
szymon9595
szymon9595

Back to top Go down

Post  Fab0 Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:55 pm

ummm what? whats parcure? is it parkour? sry im dumb =X hehe cyclops

Fab0

Back to top Go down

Post  szymon9595 Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:42 pm

forget
szymon9595
szymon9595

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down